Thursday, November 6, 2008

How I relate to God

It may seem strange to some when I say that I can relate to God very well. God to some means somebody who is only in a special place of worship and one who has to be prayed to only at that place. While I fully endorse the sanctity of praying in the special place, I would also like to tell you that God is everywhere, at all times in all places. He lives in you, me and in everybody. When I see somebody coming up with an extraordinary idea in a brainstorming session, I marvel at how God brought that idea in that person. When a person plays well, I wonder how God gave that person that kind of ability to play that well. Similarly if somebody sings well, I wonder how God could evoke such a melody in that voice or if somebody plays an instrument well,how could God bring out such an exotic tune etc. Sometimes, it comes out not only through others, but through you also. At that time, you wonder, how did this occur to you. I again say, God is working through you. Just as one great sage said, electricity is one medium, but the gadgets are different, God is the one medium with different human beings as different gadgets. If one sees God in everybody, there would be no room for jealousy,false pride etc. If one is constantly aware of this God , you will be surprised how very random things get organised for you and you are amazed.

For example,I was getting quite upset with my routine job, because I am more of a creative person and love handling creative jobs. I just said, 'God, please help me, can I ever get a creative job? I am sick of these routine jobs.' You will not beleive the next day, I got a call from the creative head of the company to do some creative writing for him. I even said that unless somebody someone takes over my routine stuff, this was not going to happen. He just nodded his head and left it at that and I thought, there goes my creative job. But again, this morning he called me and said that he is making alternate arrangements for my routine job and will be able to take up this creative job now? I am truly amazed. Do you have something extraordinary like this to share? Please send me your stories.

1 comment:

Vijay Naidu said...

Dear Savithri quite delighted to connect first. Till such events happen in our life our belief in God and his actions are not noticed. The Grace of God is always there, you ask and he gives without any differentiation. All are equal for him. The power of invocation is present in everyone and one should know how and when to use it. Keep up your good work of penning your memories and thoughts. Cheers